Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Mom's Christmas Gift!

I made my Mom a garbage bag for her car. I Kinda made up my own pattern for it after seeing a few online. She needed a bigger one than most of the patterns I was seeing because she drives all over Utah for her job so she eats meals in her car and snacks and all sorts of random garbage happens.
Photobucket

It is about 15 inches wide by maybe 14 inches tall by 1.5 inches at the bottom. I used a HUGE zip-tie for the bonning at the top to hold it open, and some large gross-grain ribbon and velcro for the strap. I also used the same ribbon for the decoration on the front and added a few buttons.
Photobucket
Photobucket
It is made with a cotton fabric on the outside and lined it with a windbreaker like material that she can wipe down really easily, and it is machine washable. She loved it and I have had requests for 3 more like it for other people!

No comments: