Saturday, November 14, 2009

Knitting overload! Now with added Sewng!

I have been doing a whole lot of knitting lately, and I have also sewed a few little bags. And I have only bought 4 balls of yarn! Yay me! (they were for Johnny's scarf and he picked out a pattern that needed a bulky yarn and I only  had worsted weight. So really it is Johnny's fault.)
Here is the scarf for Johnny. It is the Seaman's Scarf (hee hee) from Knitpicks. I'm using Patons Shetland Chunky in Black... Johnny doesn't like colors.It is an acrylic wool blend and really soft. But the cable pattern is kinda different and threw me for a loop at first.
Photobucket

I also made the Star Crossed Slouchy Beret. I made it as a Christmas present for my brother's girlfriend. I hope she likes Orange... I used Red Heart Soft that I bought to make a baby blanket about 600 years ago and never made. Oops. I learned how to knit in the round o this one! It used to be so intimidating for years!! I used the Magic Loop method and it was so easy! I love knitting in the round now!
Photobucket
I still need to block it, but I only have square plates...I'm going to have to figure something out.
Photobucket

Then I made the 4th scarf/shawl for my Granny. I have made her 3 different scarves over the years, all lovely lace scarves out of really delicate pure wool fingering yarns. But the moment they are done one of the cats attacks the crap out of them and I have to start over! This time I did the Sunday Market Shawl but made some modifications.
Photobucket I cast on 32 stitches and did knit 4 YO so that I could add a simple cable. I used a sturdier yarn, Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Mariner Blue. I love the way it turned out and I hope my Granny will like it.
Photobucket
This is my project bag!
Photobucket

 It is the first thing, other than the Halloween costumes, that I have sewed that I use. I used this pattern. I did add one large pocket on one side that will hold a pattern folded in quarters, a small pair of scissors and a crochet hook to help with my cables. I don't know where all my real cable needles went.
Photobucket
After that I made up my own pattern for a crochet hook holder. It turned out kinda wonky but it des exectly what I need it to! I love that blue fabric and the ribbon.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
I think that maybe I should just blog about all this stuff as I do it. then I wouldn't have to do massive posts like this.

2 comments:

Cassie The Great said...

I might have a round plate I can lend you. Or you could just make a square beret. That would be awesome.

My name is Arrakis. said...

Val forced me to take one home last night! But thank you!