Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas!

It is finally Christmas Season!

I'm so excited, I put up some lights today, the colorful kind. I did them all around the living room and a ton along the bar. I got out the very few Christmas decorations we have. A nutcracker and a few ornaments. We still need to get a tree.
I also did some left over wedding decorations and some IKEA paper lanterns hanging above our bed! It looks so neat! I love decorating. I just am not very good at it. I wrapped some red ribbon around the lanterns to give them a more Christmasy look. There is a bow in the one over my side of the bed and no bow on Johnny's side. I hope Johnny likes it!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm also planning on making a few things this year. I'm not really sure what but Johnny and I liked these, and they look kinda baby safe-ish.
Photobucket

I found the instructions for them here.

Johnny also wants me to make a stocking for Elara. I had a pink brocade stocking when I was a little girl. I think she may need some thing like that. Definitely.

Every year I make christmas ornaments to put on our gifts instead of bows. I'm thinking this year it should be something Johnny can help me with. I'm thinking of doing little string globes with glitter all over them. Basicly you take string and dip it in glue. Then you wrap it around a ballon that you have sprayed with Pam and cover it all in glitter. Like this.
Photobucket
We will need to try one and see how it turns out. Johnny is excited to help me. At least he says he is...

2 comments:

Mocha said...

I wanted to say something else about all your wonderful crafty ideas, but I'm so stuck on "baby safe-ish" because it's a fun word.

My name is Arrakis. said...

Thank you! It is really hart to be baby safe around the holidays so we get by with the ish....