Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Halloween Totally Rocks! Beep Beep!

I LOVE Halloween!
I just thought that I needed to make that very clear. I love to make my husband, daughter and my costumes every year. (This year I did cheat, I bought Elara's from Etsy. I started sewing about a month ago and didn't think I could do all 3. But next year...) Elara was the love child of Dr. Girlfrind and The Monarch from Venture Brother. I guess it would just be child now since they are married and really the thought of them having a child is really scary, but she was adorable!!
Every Love Child needs a light saber!
Photobucket
She really did keep the hat on most of the time!
Photobucket
Johnny and I were robots. To be more specific Johnny was Bender from futurama and I was his fluzy Party Bot companion.
Photobucket
Oh hell ya! He totally had a working door that he kept a beer, his flask and a wallet in all night! I use one of thos pop up laundry hampers as the base and made a cover for it. then I made the door and used really huge zip ties around the edge to give it some structure and the compartment was a large slit pocket. Johnny made his mask out of cardboard and paint and he wore a grey track suit underneath.
Photobucket
My Boobs are falling out!
Photobucket
For my costume I used a corset and tutu thing I already had. I made a shrug and tube thing for the top and the bought silver leggings. I bought the wig and my make up was all eye shadow. I did learn a lot about sewing while making these...Mostly that I know nothing about sewing! The silver stuff was so hard to work with and it kept getting puled down into my machine! I need to figure out jersey! I was going to make some cool fingerless gloves and shoe cover things with awesome giant ruffles things on them. Beacuse I could. But really I could't. I tried, I cried, I gave up and wore my red chucks with stars all over them.  Robots wear Chucks right?
For my Boobs I used some metal bowls from IKEA. So I had IKEA nipples. People kept putting magnets on me and I got really cold outside. I also had robot buttons. I used those little rubber furniure bumpers that I painted with fingernail polish. My favorite little Halloween emergency paint! I have used it on earrings and shoes too. Really awesome stuff!


So that was our costumes!


Johnny and I even won the
Unofficial Official Spyder's Halloween Costume Contest!
Woot!

No comments: