Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finally Another Post About Knitting!

I wanted to post about this bad when I was making it, but it was for my Christmas Swap partner in Denmark, Ditte. I didn't want to take the chance that she would see this and ruin the surprise! This is my market bag!
Photobucket
I designed it myself a few years ago when I couldn't find a pattern for a market bag I liked. All of the patterns I found seemed to have a solid bottom that wouldn't stretch out like the rest of the bag would. So I made up my own.
The bottom is the center motif from a granny square I found online. Here is the Ravelry link to it.I just did to the second color change. I usually do those in one color but thought I would change it up a bit this time.
Photobucket
Then the body of the bag is a Lovers Knot done a little small so it wouldn't make to big of holes. The foundation stitch is joined at every point and the space between the points of the flower. I just did that till I thought it was done.
Photobucket
Then the top band is 1sc in each Knot and then 3ch all the way around. The second round is just sc all around. (I cheated and did 1sc in the sc and 3sc in space made by the 3ch.) The handle is sc, dc on one row and then dc, sc on the next so the sc is in the dc and vice versa.
This bag will hold more than you want to carry, and it really is perfect for the farmer's market.
Photobucket
My Granny and I both LOVE this bag. And my friend Cassie has been trying to get me to make her one for about 2 years now. I really should get around to that. She would like it.

I know that was kinda wordy, but I haven't really figured out how to write a real pattern yet. I'm trying though! A LYS wanted to buy that pattern but I couldn't figure out how to write it and then they shut down. I should figure it out and try to sell it to someone else. Hmmmmm

1 comment:

Cassie The Great said...

Hey that sure is a neat bag. Gosh I wish I had one... 'cause it's neat.